Sunday, July 7, 2013

So You Think You Are A Tauren Monk Transmog

My good friend Jakester sent me a Feathermoon Headdress, and I immediately felt inspired to make a look out of it. I often get a transmogger's block when I try to make a new set on my own; I find a helm and a chest, then I find 10 different legs that I can't choose between, and just forget about boots, gloves and shoulders... Other times I find things that match each other perfectly, only to discover that they are indeed part of a set. Not this time though, here is my So You Think You Are A Tauren? Monk Transmog!

Head: Feathered Headdress
Shoulder: Soul Eater Shoulderguard
Chest: Grizzly Jerkin
Hands: Shardtooth Gloves
Waist: Shado-Pan Initiate's Belt
Legs: Leggings of Dancing Blades
Feet: Darkbrand Boots (invisiboots)
Weapon: Ogre Mage Staff

Link to the entire set on Wowhead is here.
I'm very happy with most of the items. The shoulders aren't the best match in the world, but I despise big shoulders and these are the next best thing while I wait for the "hide shoulder"-option. I couldn't find any boots to go with the legs, so I went for the easy invisiboots option. Which is fitting to a monk luckily. :)

I really like these headdresses, and I think I'll make more transmog sets around them eventually. Here are all the leather ones:


/bow
Lae

5 comments:

  1. I agree, these are beautiful and surprisingly versatile headdresses. I've been wearing them with the scouting set(plain black leather) on my female Dwarf Rogue, blue for Subtlety, red for Assassination, and green for Combat.

    I've also got my male Troll Monk on the last leveling sprint, 85-90, so putting together a transmog set might include some of these. Usually I like my non-Tauren tanks to wear functional helmets, but an agile Monk could wear something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine they suit a female dwarf really well. The headdresses send out a certain Wildhammer Gryphon Rider-vibe. :)

      Delete
  2. I would like to have "hide shoulder" option too, as well "hide tabard" option when you're grinding rep! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks very cute! The headdress suits a Draenei really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a lovely headdress :)

    ReplyDelete