Saturday, March 22, 2014

A dramatic non-dramatic event

This isn't a dramatic goodbye at all. It still feels dramatic to me, as I haven't been in this situation before.


Don't ask me if I'm sure! This is hard enough...


It's not you, it's me! Ok, it's you. Ok ok, perhaps we both are to blame.


I really think I've tried to keep my own interest up. I do like daily quests, so no, that's not the problem. I have my Proving Ground title, I have my Challenge Mode gear, I finished Brawler's Guild, I got all four pets from the Celestial Tournament, I killed Garrosh on normal, I have 20k achievement points, I have 15 90's that are 500+ item level. Time has definitely been spent in this game. Perhaps too much time was spent? How can one produce enough content for an all-consuming consumer?

"Other reason" opens up a box with room for 255 characters. My 255 characters: "As you know I've played since August 2007 without any breaks. With the hype at Blizzcon and the statements about wanting expansions to be released quicker, I looked at Cata length and imagined MOP would last 21 months, which would have meant June-release." And then I ran out of room. Not the most well-put explanation... But I hope some sense can be made out of it. A 6 month gap between expected delivery and finished product is a lot for a person that doesn't know what to do anymore when they log on.


1, 2, 3, 4 or 5? That is really the question.


I've notified my guild that I will take a break from the game from the middle of April, for an unknown amount of time. I really can't tell if it will be a week, a month or a couple of months. My hope is that a break from WoW, from WoW-news, and perhaps most important; from opinions about WoW, will purify my relationship with the game. I'm hoping that my return to this amazing world will be magical. I've been a loyal fangirl the last 6,5 years, and to be perfectly honest, I prefer that role SO MUCH over the cynical annoyed consumer-person I've been developing into this last month. If New Draenor is half as good as Pandaria, and I'm certain it will be, I will be hooked again!

That is, if I'm not one of those that disappear... ;-)


Take care so long!
Hugs, Lae

8 comments:

  1. I'll miss seeing your posts, but enjoy your break, however long it ends up and I hope when and if you do return it's with rekindled enthusiasm and you'll have a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. /raises a glass

    As you know, I'm right with you, doing the same. I found the cancel-process to be highly annoying. It's like, I just want to cancel. I've thought long and hard about this. Let me tell you why in a few sentences, and let me go, but don't make me jump through 12 hoops first!

    I hope you enjoy your break. We'll see each other on the other side! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a nice vacation. It helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh noes! WIll miss your posts tho!
    Have fun trying other games! :) and hopefully see you back at Draenor :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like most surveys, they don't let you REALLY answer how you want to - miss you very much, and please let us know when you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your break, you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will definately miss your posts. Take care and enjoy your break and I'll be checking in now and again to see if you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to see you go Lae! Loved reading your blog, and your hunterstalker project was EPIC. Unfortunally I know what you mean, I haven't been very active in Mists myself. Hope to see you back in the future though!
    take care,
    Zaphire (formerly Juneper)

    ReplyDelete