- They might remove the cap on how many characters you can have on a server (which is 10 now), and only keep the total cap on how many characters you can have across all servers (which is 50). Very nice for those of us that like to make characters we level to 40 to then abandon forever since we feel lost outside our own server.
- They're looking at adding visible quiver or ammo pouch which you can alter appearance on. (As well as similar things for the other classes; like poison bottle for rogues and librams for paladins.) Like this! :)
- As we won't use melee weapons anymore after 5.0, there will be more stats on the ranged weapons to make up for this.
- Guild changes coming within 2 weeks! Can finally change guildname from Release and Run to Oneshot (tired of wiping ;)).
- World of Warcraft Grand Finals: An arena team composition of the MM hunter Jungyup, a DK (didn't catch the spec) and a holy paladin won! I don't do arenas myself, but what I've heard is that hunters are bad in arenas. I guess this proves otherwise. ;)
There will be 3 raids released with Mists of Pandaria. The raid sizes will be 2, 5 and 6 bosses. This is the same format as they had at the release of Cataclysm. I don't know if there will be a VoA/BH-equivalent (hope so). And I don't know how many world bosses there will be, and what they will drop, but looking forward to it. :)
Tier 11 was a bit overwhelming at start, with both being a lot of bosses, and also combined with the healing changes in Cata they were much harder than what we were used to in WOTLK. Clearing took some time actually. My guild was 12/12 normal late april, spending 4 months in tier 11. We got 5/13 heroic before Firelands, which make us average raiders I guess.
|Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn in tier 11|
Although heroic content provides more challenge, I don't consider it new content. I actually get a bit disheartened with progressing on same content twice. If tier 11 was easier, and we cleared it the first weeks easier, I would have had a different view on the heroic modes and welcomed them with open arms. I think with the Raid Finder, they will try to make normal modes quite hard, with guilds using months getting down the end bosses.
Tier 11 lasted 6 months, which I think is a bit too long entering the same dungeons over and over. Having 9-12 bosses spread over 1-3 raids should last no more than 4-5 months before you get something new. Of course I can't generalize like this, as 4 months of Ulduar was too short amount of time, at least for my group back then. ;) Icecrown Citadel lasting 12 months was so so so incredibly very much too long (noone's counting RS, come on!).
On the other hand, it would be nice if all raids in an expansion could be interesting to do through the entire expansion. I had the feeling in Burning Crusade that people were still running Kara at the end of the expansion. This might have been cause you needed to gear up the new raiders in your guild, rather than the gear and content being interesting. In Wrath of the Lich King, Naxxramas, Eye of Eternity and Ulduar were all very cool raids. But why would you go back there after Trial of the Crusader and Icecrown Citadel released?
So... It's not good when you're stuck in the same raids for too long. But it's also a shame when cool raids get outdated! And that was the conclusion I'm afraid. ;) Please give us 4.3 in november, and Mists of Pandaria in april!
I'm a list-making person, so here's a overview over released raids so far in World of Warcraft:
World of Warcraft released Nov 2004 (NA) and Feb 2005 (EU)
Onyxia’s Lair (Ony)
Molten Core (MC)
1.3.0 Mar 2005
1.6.0 Jul 2005
Blackwing Lair (BWL)
1.7.0 Sep 2005
1.9.0 Jan 2006
Ruins of Ahn’Qiraj
Temple of Ahn’Qiraj
1.11.0 Jun 2006Naxxramas (Naxx)
Lasted 23 months with 7 raids and some world bosses.
The Burning Crusade released Jan 2007
Gruul’s Lair (Gruul)
Hellfire Citadel: Magtheridon’s Lair (Maggie)
Coilfang Reservoir: Serpentshrine Cavern (SSC)
Tempest Keep: The Eye (TK)
Caverns of Time: Battle for Mount Hyjal (Hyjal)
2.1.0 May 2007
Black Temple (BT)
2.3.0 Nov 2007
2.4.0 Mar 2008
Sunwell Plateau (SWP)
Lasted 22 months with 9 raids and some world bosses.
Wrath of the Lich King released Nov 2008
Obsidian Sanctum (OS)
Vault of Archavon: Archavon (VoA)
The Eye of Eternity (EoE/Maly)
3.1.0 Apr 2009
Vault of Archavon: Emalon (VoA)
3.2.0 Aug 2009
Trial of the Crusader (ToC)
Trial of the Grand Crusader (ToGC)
Vault of Archavon: Koralon (VoA)
3.2.2 Sep 2009
Onyxia’s Lair (Ony)
3.3.0 Dec 2009
Icecrown Citadel (ICC)
3.3.2 Feb 2010
Vault of Archavon: Toravon (VoA)
3.3.5 Jun 2010
Ruby Sanctum (RS)
Lasted 25 months with 9 raids and no world bosses.
Cataclysm released Dec 2010
Baradin Hold: Argaloth (BH)
Bastion of Twilight (BoT)
Throne of the Four Winds (ToFW)
Blackwing Descent (BWD)
4.2 Jun 2011
Baradin Hold: Occu’thar (BH)
Lasted 10 months so far, with 5 raids and no world bosses.