Thursday, December 29, 2011

Weekly Update: Happy New Year!

Thursday 29th of December 2011

Vial of the Sands
This week I've been off to my partner's family celebrating christmas. After 4 days of 100 % relaxing; eating, reading christmas comics, playing cards and eating more, I returned home to an omnious calendar invitation on my in-game calendar. It was from one of the guild's two officers, Missangel: "Important Meeting tomorrow! Everyone should log on to Mumble and their main chars 19:00 server time." The "Guild Message of the Day" contained the same message.


As I'm that kind of Guild Master that always knows what's going on, this made me more than nervous. Was Miss planning on quitting WoW? Were they planning to merge the guild with someone else after me being gone only 4 days? I whispered Miss, which replied "I got some whispers from someone outside of the guild about some serious business." "Whaaaat, who? What were they sa..." Miss has gone offline. Damn! Could it be possible that some of my good guildmates had violated the "No Ninjaing"-rule in Guild Rules? Or was perhaps the entire guild suspected for gold selling? Did we lose our reputation on the server somehow? (Yeah yeah, don't give me the "what reputation?"-jokes please. xD)

I whispered Marilill, the other officer, but she didn't have a clue either. We discussed a bit back and forth, and finally concluded it couldn't be that serious after all, cause Miss would definitely have alarmed us then. I tried not thinking too much about it after that, but random thoughts kept falling into my head now and then; "AHA! They're probably trying to start up the rated battlegrounds again. That would be cool, I really want that mount.", "Perhaps it's Swaty's (good friend of Miss) birthday or something, and we're having a surprise party" and so on.

The time of the Important Meeting is approaching. I log Mumble 10 minutes before, and chat a little with Mari again. She still has no clue. Then my partner yells from upstairs and asks me to come help him with something. I go upstairs while replying "This better be quick, the meeting starts in 5 minutes!" "No, isn't that at 7? That's 10 minutes at least." "... No, it's 5 minutes. What do you need help with?" He then gives me a confused look, and says "I actually forgot it while we were discussing what time it was". I rush downstairs again, seeing the entire guild is now located in Dun Morogh. "Aha! Perhaps they liked the Winter Veil-picture I made of the guild, and wanna take a group photo of us wearing the Gaudy Winter Veil Sweaters! Good idea!" I start flying towards Ironforge from Stormwind. Miss invites me to a group, and I get a group summon. 

The summon takes me to a platform outside of Ironforge. In front of me are 13 "Santa's Helper"-dressed gnomes lined up and singing (Gaudy Winter Veil Sweater animation). I burst out "Oh my God, you're all so cute!" on Mumble. Looking over at my partner, who sits at his computer, grinning... Miss says with a giggle "Turn around and look!". I keyboard-turn ;-) to see Santa! standing on the other side of the platform! A bigboned dwarf with white beard dressed in Red Winter Clothes, and his name is Rnrsanta. I say something like "What the hell...?" and he starts walking towards me. He stops in front of me, trades me a Green Ribboned Holiday Gift and... Jumps off the platform! "Oh my God, did you see that? Santa jumped off the cliff!" I laugh nervously. Miss says "Did you get something from Santa?" "Yeah, I got a present. You reckon I should open it?" "That's probably a good idea." When I open the present, an epic item appears; Vial of the Sands made by Spellblaster. Miss says "We decided to give you something for Christmas". I would love to say that I then made a heartwarming speech where I told them how much I care about them all, but instead I rambled on like my usual crazy self. Making bad and inappropriate jokes*, still nervous, shaky and a bit teary.

Thank you to all of you, my dear dear guild mates. I really love this virtual place we have accomplished to make together. Hugs from Lae. <3


* "I'm just waiting for you to say; "oh btw, you owe us 50k"", "hehe, look at the dragon eating all the tiny gnomes. OMNOMNOMNOM!" and so on...


Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn with guild Release and Run

Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn with guild Release and Run

Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn with guild Release and Run

Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn with guild Release and Run


A-Caroling We Will Go

I went to the four major horde cities to kill them softly with my singing. :)

Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn carolling in Thunder Bluff
Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn carolling in Ruins of Lordaeron, above Undercity



Minutes to Midnight
3 deterrences, 1 cloak of shadows, 1 dispersion and 1 pally bubble got us this achievement on Ultraxion. :) And we still had one iceblock left.

Shinies
Despite me claiming I haven't played much because of christmas, I got three upgrades this week. I was lucky to get Treads of Dormant Dreams from our 10man raid, bought Batwing Cloak as third VP-purchase, and rolled highest on the helm tier token (Wyrmstalker's Headguard) in the Raid Finder. I'll wait with equipping the helm until I get my fourth tier piece, so I don't break tier 12 2-set before I have to.

After doing Raid Finder every week, I got two pieces of loot, which is of course less than I hoped for. ;) But looking at this with some math and probability; 8 bosses with 4 items each equals 32 items dropped in a Raid Finder lockout week. So ideally everyone would get one thing each. When I then take away the items that I'm eligible for but don't need, and take into consideration that the items that I need might not drop at all (damn you Warrior-Hunter-Shaman tokens!) and also that if they actually drop, there might be 5-10 others rolling on the same item, I should probably be happy with my 2 pieces from these 5 weeks. :-) Without the Raid Finder I wouldn't have had my 2-set bonus yet!

Happy New Year!
Lae

No comments:

Post a Comment