Saturday, December 3, 2011

Weekly Update: Patch 4.3

Tuesday 6th of December
12130 achievement points, which is 210 up from last week. I was guessing the patch would give me a nice boost. :)

4.3 achievements gained: Siege of Wyrmrest Temple, Heroic: End Time, Heroic: Well of Eternity, Heroic: Hour of Twilight, Come One, Come All!, Blastenheimer Bullseye, Quick Shot, Step Right Up, I Was Promised a Pony, Fairegoer's Feast, Taking the Show on the Road, Faire Favors and Darkmoon Defender.


PVP achievements gained: Four Car Garage,  Demolition Derby, A-bomb-inable, Arathi Basin Assassin, Artillery Veteran and Frenzied Defender.

Feat of strengths gained: Red Rider Air Rifle, MiniZep Controller and Murkablo.

Dodge this. Draenei hunter from DeviantArt

Jewelcrafting
Bought the 4 most important recipes of the new ones; agi, agi/crit, agi/haste, agi/hit. Then I realized that JC as a profession is nerfed compared to the other professions. As people will be able to get epic gems, the difference between the JC-gems and the epic ones won't be as big a difference in stats as you would get from other professions' perks.
On the other hand, these new epic gems are really rare, and I sold a 50 agi one for 5k gold in AH. I would love new epic gems, but not when I know how much they're worth.

Draenei hunter with Loque'nahak-tattoo from DeviantArt.
Love the tatto. :)

Raiding
We lost one of our two tanks two days into the patch, without any prior notice. This could have really screwed us up, but luckily we had one good player in our guild that earlier was in our team that found out he would be able to play more again, and also happy to switch to tank for us, so the recovery was very quick. Thank you Bakil. :)

I did Dragon Soul's first wing in the Raid Finder the first day. The queue was so fast! And people were polite, patient and even nice to each other. It was really helpful to see the fights before planning the raid. I sometimes find it difficult to visualize fights in beforehand, this definitely helped with that.

We then entered Dragon Soul 10man later that evening and downed the three first bosses.
Morchok - 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 DPS. The 3 ranged DPS soaked the crystals. If you position yourself behind two pillars you're able to keep attacking.
Yor'sahj - 1 tank, 3 healers, 6 DPS. Purple! Or green if no purple.
Zon'ozz - 1 tank, 3 healers, 6 DPS. Ping-pong.

The next day we got down
Hagara - 1 tank, 3 healers, 6 DPS
Ultraxion - 2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 DPS. Deterrence completely takes away the damage from Hour of Twilight. :) So we used a rotation of Cloak of Shadows, Dispersion and Deterrence.

And the third day we killed
Blackhorn - 2 tanks, 3 healers, 6 DPS. Getting used to eating the Void Zones was the biggest issue here, the ship died a couple of times before we got used to it.
Spine - 2 tanks, 3 healers, 6 DPS

The fourth day was spent on
Madness - 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 DPS. Spent 3 hours on this fight, and got it down to 11 %. We've been experimenting with Aspects, and ultimately decided on Green Bronze Red Blue. As other last encounters, it's a long and very cool fight, pretty unique in execution.

In all of Cataclysm, we've never gotten this far in a raid this quickly before. Which I would love to think is because of us. ;) But ofc it isn't. Dragon Soul normal mode is easier than tier 11 and tier 12 raids were. I think it's a good thing they're easier. They could perhaps have been a bit harder, cause with the current difficulty we will have to start heroic modes very soon to get the challenge we want.

Our rogue, Shadowalker, pickpocketed Hagara and was able to start his epic quest line for Fangs of the Father. I love that they added legendaries to 10mans, it's so fun to be a part of a thing like this. In addition, a random rogue paid the guild 10k gold to be able to enter with us and pickpocket her. I wish I could see these quests for myself. :) (But if the price to pay is to be a rogue... No thanks. xD)

Loot

Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn
at the Darkmoon Faire
Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn
at the Darkmoon Faire

Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn
at the Darkmoon Faire
Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn
at the Darkmoon Faire


Random things
The other hunter in my team, Simelda, usually runs BM while I go SV. In Firelands he's been beating me most fights. But in Dragon Soul we were incredibly close! Which perhaps means SV is a bit better, as I think his skills are better than mine (I blame it on me focusing on the raidleading ;)).

Darkmoon Fairie is Friendly 4857/6000 after a couple of days with dailies in Darkmoon Fairie Island. The rep was Neutral 350/3000 before this, so it shouldn't take too long to get all the way with the island and the quests.

I fished up the cutest little Sea Pony from the coast off of Darkmoon Fairie Island as well. :) Pictures above. Took me about 20 mins while also eating, surfing and listening to music. So 10 mins effective time.

I killed Crippler for the Bloody Rare-achievement, which means I only have two missing ones!

Hydraxian Waterlords are now 20389/21000, so I guess after next week I can stop doing this. Almost sad... Well, I'll survive. ;)

No luck with either rifle or mount in Karazhan. Grumble, grumble.

And my recent PVP-interest has pushed me over 30k honorable kills!

- Oh, grandmother, what phat lewts you have. - Stop flattering, I'm not giving you my damned rifle!!!
Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn grinding for Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle.



Lae

No comments:

Post a Comment