Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Weekly Update: Bloody Rare!

Tuesday 13th of september

Raw numbers
/played Lae: 199 days 22 hours
Achievement Points: 12205
Honorable Kills: 31130
Bosses killed in Dragon Soul normal: 8 :)
Item level equipped: 388

Three big things happened this week;
- I finished off Deathing both in Raid Finder (Fall of Deathwing) and normal difficulty (Destroyer's End),
- I finally got exalted with Hydraxian Waterlords, and
- I earned the achievement Bloody Rare after spending quite some time in Hellfire looking for Vorakem Doomspeaker and Mekthorg the Wild.

Release and Run defeated Madness of Deathwing in normal mode

A new wing opened in Baradin Hold, so the guild went there to kill Alizabal. While we were there anyway I made them do Occu'thar with me as well, so I could get the achievement. ;) This was my 9th kill of him (her? it?), but all the previous ones were before they added the achievement.

I spent my first 4.3 Valor Points this week as well, on the necklace Cameo of Terrible Memories. There doesn't seem to be a heroic neck this tier, so this would be BiS.

I also had new bracers made for all the four hunters in the guild (two hunters in each team): Bracers of the Hunter-Killer. The name is awful, but the stats are hot! We have a nice "share the love"-economy policy in the guild, so all the gold earned in late 4.2 is now being spent on good BOE's for everyone.

But this wasn't all, I also obtained a really cool staff with a really cool proc: Kiril, Fury of Beasts. As it's a melee weapon I would have prefered our guild-kitty Marilill to get this, but she wasn't present unfortunately. The proc is: Your melee and ranged attacks have a chance to trigger Fury of the Beast, granting 107 Agility and 10% increased size every 1 sec. This effect stacks a maximum of 10 times and lasts 20 sec. The visual proc is shown in the pictures below, attack of the giant woman:


I also got 7 upgrades for my PVP-set, most with honor points, one with conquest points and one from Alizabal. All in all I did a lot of enchanting, reforging and transmogging this week!

Speaking of transmogging, as I wrote in the last post, I've already grown tired of tier 6 and Golden Bow of Quel'thalas. So I did some browsing on Wowhead, some armorystalking and played around with Model Viewer for a bit. I finally settled for Nerubian Hive, which is a leatherworking set from WOTLK, together with Black Bow of the Betrayer, dropped by Illidan in Black Temple. I like the outcome! It's a toned down look. I can picture Lae running quickly, but silently, through the woods, well camouflaged. The colours and style appeal to me, not extreme in any way, just a plain hunter look. I'm planning for a crossbow to go with this look (the bow is a bit big and might get caught in the trees ;)).
Draenei hunter Laeleiweyn's new transmogged look. Set is Nerubian Hive with Black Bow of the Betrayer.


Tomorrow is reset day, and we'll start working on heroic Morchok. Should be fun!

Lae

1 comment:

  1. You dragon murderer, you!
    Deathwing is just misunderstood, I'm sure ...

    Anyway, congrats! The name of the item reminds me of the Terminator movies ... or the Fear Factory song (which was based on Terminator I think).

    ReplyDelete