Monday, September 2, 2013

Hunter Week

I don't even know where to start! You know the header image of this blog? (Move your eyes upwards from this text until you see a badass draenei hunter.) That is The Laeleiweyn running together with her pet Ratchet. Ratchet was her first pet, an Infected Nightstalker from outside of Exodar on Azuremyst Isle, and he is named after PS2-game Ratchet and Clank. It troubled me quite a bit that he was in fact "infected", but he's still alive and well, thank you. (Infected didn't have the deeper meaning that newbie Lae imagined.) In her hand Laeleiweyn is holding Rhok'delar.



I'm gonna be a bit lazy here, and link to some old blog posts, as I think that will explain my feelings about this class!

Laeleiweyn - the Draenei Hunter
This blog's very first post from November 3, 2009.

The Quest: Rhok'delar, Lok'delar and Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina
I totally understand if you don't want to check all my old blogposts. But if you were to check only one of my blogposts, I hope you check this one! This post took a lot of time and effort, and it's the one post that I'm most proud of. I hope you like it. :)

Hunterstalker
I'm a notorious armory stalker... Links to armory, blogs, twitter etc of different famous and not so famous hunters. Last updated October 2012.



Huntermogging and Huntermogging 2
Again armorystalking, this time from a transmog point of view.

Hunter Videos
A collection of hunter videos up until that point in time, January 2012. I like especially all the WHU-videos and The Journal of Lumin the Hunter. Frostheim released several great hunter videos after I made the post, which you should all check out.

One picture can say more than 1000 words
Screenshot post from a leveling project I did early in 2012. (Here's the idea behind the leveling project: Leveling Without Heirlooms)

The Hunter Faction
I felt hunters needed their own faction, like shammys, pallys, druids and death knights have. I even tried to get Dave Kosak on board with the idea... xD



Baby Hunters
About leveling more than one hunter...

Hunter Gear
A post with links to stores that sell IRL Hunter Gear. Not meant for hunting, but for showing off the hunter class in Wow.

Hunter UI's
A collection of different Hunter UI's from blogs and top guilds, providing links to their explanation of their UI.

Pet Utility Table (Mists of Pandaria)
This is my second most visited post on this entire blog, and that is because Zeherah has linked to it in the main hunter post on Elitist Jerks. Thanks a bunch. :)



My Hunters

Laeleiweyn, 90
Surr, 87
Naanei, 80
(frozen for Herald of the Titans)
Sagea, 75

Inadra, 70
(frozen for BC-content)
Eywari, 60
(frozen for Vanilla-content)
Thylona, 27

Honorable mention: Vips, female draenei hunter, deleted at level 47 to make room for more characters. "NEVER AGAIN!"

Goals for the week
  • Change Lae's spec to Survival.
  • Look for some cool pets
  • Consider doing the 5.3-chain and/or World Bosses and/or some Raid Finders with her

Happy Hunter Week!



/bow

9 comments:

  1. This post sis so awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many hunters. Now I feel much better about my stable of hunter alts. :D This is an awesome post and I like your goals, some of mine will be similar and I'm looking forward to seeing how we both do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, and I thought having 2 lvl 90 priests was a little impressive, this is off the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3/9/13 23:30

    It's so not fair!! All transmogs look so much sexier on Draenei than they do on Blood Elves lol!! Great post, Lae! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a mighty fine group of hunters... what is the collective noun for a large group of hunters, anyway? A "lodge"?

    I spent some quality time with my Hunter doing a couple of the special Hunter taming challenges:
    http://kamaliaetalia.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/a-hunting-we-will-go/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7/9/13 01:38

    I'm glad I'm not the only one with a long post for hunter week! Here's mine: http://alltherestwow.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/alt-appreciation-hunter-week/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12/9/13 05:14

    What a cool hunter post:). I love that you have frozen some of your hunters for the different expansions.

    ReplyDelete